Monday, October 11, 2010

Archive Love, Week 2: Seasonal Inspiration

Lately, I’ve been finding constant inspiration just about everywhere and in everything. So today, instead of focusing on just one fun new find, I thought I’d put together a small collection of ideas, inspired by the changing seasons, which have been keeping my creative juices in full turn recently.
The first is this playful, DIY apple swag. I can already imagine these brightly colored swags draped on the backside of chairs at an autumn potluck or a small barn wedding.
Photo: Side-by-Side Blog

The next two ideas carry me right back to the winters of my childhood. During late autumn and early fall, I always enjoyed collecting stray pinecones in the woods adjacent to my house. Often, the pinecones would end up adorned with glue drops, glitter and a collection of plastic jewels. I like to think of the following ideas as a more “grown-up” version of my childhood DIY projects.

Photo: Side-By-Side Blog

It’s pretty well known by those in my intimate circle that, on nearly any warm spring day, you can find me clipping fresh flowers in my backyard. Spring blooms come in such beautiful colors and shapes that they very rarely need anything else to dress them up. When loosely placed in reused mason jars, such as in the photos below, fresh spring clippings are the perfect centerpieces for any table, no matter the affair.

Photo: Elizabeth Anne Designs
For me, summer brings to mind two words: outdoors and casual. Each idea below embraces simple summer elegance without the need to sacrifice individual style.

Photo: Elizabeth Anne Designs
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design